Based in Europe
Our client is a multinational group with annual turnover of over €150 million, the world’s leading provider of integrated water and waste management systems. The company also supplies corrosion-protection systems, for the marine, offshore, and building industries. With offices in 14 countries across four continents and representatives in more than 70 countries, the company is close to its customers wherever in the world they are located.
Reporting to the director of Global On-board Services, the Service Engineer travels regularly and performs tasks aboard docked and/or sailing vessels. Knowledge of waste treatment processes in marine applications is preferred. Responsibilities include various activities associated with performing service, job reporting, recording.
Field service operations and inspections: Maintenance of equipment as per maintenance instructions. Conduct detailed inventories and inspections to determine necessary maintenance and repairs.
Equipment Commissioning: Perform or coordinate equipment start-up.
Troubleshoot and repair: Work towards the resolution of technical and operating problems of the customer as well as reporting and proposing product improvement.
Service Sales Support: Support to customer RFQ’s for service. Selects appropriate spare parts for use in service proposals. Coordinates with authorized service centers for parts and labor estimates. Provides technical support for internal personnel, sales representatives, service centers, and customers.
Technical Writing: Proofreading and development support of new technical manuals, service bulletins, and instruction sheets. Suggested revisions of existing technical manuals. Performs reviews of Product Catalogs and data sheets.
Training: Perform or coordinate training of customers and sales representatives.
- Degree in engineering or technology with equivalent level of experience within the Marine Industry.
- Prior knowledge of onboard water management systems.
- Customer focus and result oriented attitude.
- You have familiar with a role that includes international travel. Work performed will regularly include onboard sailing vessels.
- Good electrical and mechanical skills.
- Prior experience in PLC’s and PLC programming is preferred, but not required. And you are familiar with blue prints and schematic drawings.
- You have good verbal and written communication skills in English and a Class B driving license.
For more information on this great opportunity, please call Mark Wilson on +33 612399191. To submit your candidature, send your CV, quoting reference AR-Serveng-FG
|Job Category||Industry, Management|