Technical Sales Manager (Marine Industry)
Our client is a world leader in the design, manufacture and installation of hull and pipework protection systems for the shipping industry. Founded over 50 years ago, over 50,000 on-board installations worldwide, the company has a network of worldwide agents providing services to cruise ships, offshore oil and gas platforms, container vessels, private luxury yachts. The company is growing quickly, having made several recent acquisitions. One of these acquisitions includes a French company that specializes in the provision of desalination and on-board water treatment systems, specifically for the luxury yachting industry.
To support this growth, the company is recruiting a technical sales manager for the following functions. The purpose of this role is help ensure the company is the premier water treatment supplier in the super yacht industry through market leading product design, quality and service.
- Manage technical sales, working with design and production staff, including hydro, electrical and mechanical technicians at internal production sites.
- Produce technical solutions that match customer’s requirements, liaising directly with project teams in design, assembly and support.
- Assist the General Manager in the day to day running of the business from a technical standpoint,
- Provide excellent customer service at all times and on-time/on-cost/on-spec products and parts in line with required policies (ISO, health and safety and internal standards)
- Liaise with suppliers and internal design teams to optimize purchasing, production and design.
- Provide effective support to direct and sub-contracted engineers (agents or supplier).
Activities and Tasks
- Manage customers (face-to-face, written and verbal), for technical queries, sales negotiation and contract management, including all commercial and private owners.
- Ensure all customer contact is excellent, in terms of quality, timeliness and cost effectiveness.
- Contribute to the annual sales plan and budget, maximizing commercial opportunities.
- Ensure all quality and test procedures of the units are followed in line with ISO 9001 quality procedures
- Coordinate on vessel (can be international) service and commissioning visits, liaising with agents and sub-contracted engineers.
- Contribute to the development of new product designs, product improvements and resourcing activities, liaising with the engineering team.
- With a strong technical and business education, you have several years of experience in a similar role covering all business functions: commercial, purchasing, manufacturing, finance, preferably in the marine industry or similar (plumbing/electrical/pressure systems)
- Strong background in electro-mechanical systems preferably including the installation of electrical systems, filtration, piping, pumps or water treatment systems.
- In addition, you are familiar with an industrial workshop environment that includes selecting materials and components, fabrication, welding, assembly and the integration of electro-mechanical systems.
- You have a current driving license, a valid passport and can work in the EU.
For more information on this great opportunity, please call us now on +33 (0)4 93 65 49 97. To submit your candidature, send your CV, quoting reference AR-TechSales-EO.
|Job Category||Management, Sales, Systems|