Satellite IoT, based in Europe
In collaboration with Airbus and Thuraya our client is building a network of leading-edge nanosatellites in Low Earth Orbit to provide cost-effective IoT services to the 90% of the world not covered by cellular systems.
These low cost modems collect and transmit data from sensors or other customer assets and transmit them to our satellite network. The collected data is stored on the satellite and then forwarded to ground stations located around the globe. The ground stations forward the data to the cloud database, which is easily accessible to clients.
The Director of Sales will report to the VP of Business Development. This role will have responsibility for managing the day to day global sales function.
The successful candidate for this position will have global responsibility for direct satellite communications sales including:
- Define and execute the overall sales strategy of the company.
- Management of existing and future accounts, including the top 20 key accounts and channel and distributor sales.
- Complete responsibility for the full sales cycle, including cold-calling, lead follow-up, design-win, closing opportunities, getting purchase orders.
- Coordinate with Operations on deployment of new customers.
- Find new design-in opportunities for chip sales.
- Successful interface face with Product Management, Engineering, and Marketing functions to develop strategies to meet sales requirements.
- Available for regular international travel.
- You have a strong technical background, technical knowledge and sales experience in sensors, trackers and how these are connected in an IoT environment.
- A good understanding of IoT applications
- Experience with satellite, cellular, LPWAN and other wireless technologies.
- Comfortable with both engineering teams, customers and executive level management.
- Self-starter and ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and negotiation skills
- Strong attention to detail and highly organized.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams.
- You have an open-minded and positive attitude.
- Ability to work in a constantly evolving team
Based in Europe and reporting to Switzerland, this is an excellent opportunity with complete responsibility for sales operations worldwide, servicing existing clients and developing new business.
The remuneration and management package associated with this position is very attractive.
For more information on this position, call Mark Wilson at Techselection on +33 612399191. To submit your canidatature this position, send your CV by e-mail citing reference CR-DirSales-BR mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Job Category||Information Technology (IT), Sales, Software, Telecoms|